With a good mind, a good heart, and good feelings.
Xyolhemeylh – Fraser Valley Aboriginal Children and Family Services Society – is a fully delegated Aboriginal Agency providing culturally appropriate and holistic services through various programs to Aboriginal children and families residing on and off reserve in the Fraser Valley. You can learn more about us at www.fvacfss.ca or www.socialworkwithheart.com
As a volunteer in a practicum placement, you will have the chance to apply your academic learning to real-life situations, hone your skills and make valuable professional connections. Most importantly, you will receive guidance, support, and feedback from a staff mentor, who is an experienced professional in your field. Administrative Practicum students at Xyolhemeylh can expect to contribute to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Administrative Practicum students may be scheduled to work from any of our offices in Langley, Abbotsford, Mission, Agassiz, and Chilliwack.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN AND WHAT EXPERIENCE YOU WILL GAINED:
- Fielding telephone calls.
- Maintain inventory of medical and office supplies.
- Greeting and directing visitors.
- Organize meetings and conferences.
- Initiate quality improvement in an office environment.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Taking notes or transcription during a meeting.
- Shadowing the accounts payable position.
- Create presentations and spreadsheets or other special projects that might include their skills and knowledge of Word, Excel, Access and/or PowerPoint.
- File documents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Currently completing an Office Administrative certificate or diploma.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships with FVACFSS employees.
- Proven experience of professional commitment, flexibility, good problem solving and dispute resolution skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Package.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
To apply for this job email your details to Kristina.Brummer@xyolhemeylh.bc.ca